Should I invest time in D?

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 17:20:17 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 07:19:28 UTC, Lars Johansson
wrote:
> After years of procrastination, I at the end of last year
> finalized Rey Valesa's great dlang/vibe tutorial
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/gnluupbilugncznkffuo@forum.dlang.org.
> I had planned to proceed with a deep dive into D.
>
> With the post 'Cloning D', it looks like Pandora's box has
> opened.
> I do not want to be a part of such community and the future of
> D does not look good. The alternatives do not look good either.
> Immature, boring, too restrictive etc. Is assembler the choice
> if you want to add a low level language to your Intel toolbox?
> I'm seventy one, so I do not have all the time in the world.  I
> have procrastinated too long already. My humble question is
> 'Why should I use D?'. I am greatful for any polite answer:)

The drama aint new, the drama is a constant continuation and the
people here either are extremely (pathologically) patient or
combative and doing their own thing anyway.

D is a c++ compeditor, ignore any delusions about c; when you
look at d templates versus c++ or rust, d's are better clearer,
and compile faster, if nothing else d should help you learn
templates. If you're looking for a templating language, d is the
answer.