The forked elephant in the room

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 18 06:29:07 UTC 2024

On 1/17/2024 8:57 PM, Paul Backus wrote:
> By the way, this is not just a morale killer for the people being called names.
> It's also discouraging to everyone who makes an effort to behave well when they
> see rude, inflammatory messages get rewarded with attention and engagement.

We do enforce a standard of professional behavior in the forum, and a number of
posts do get removed. There's a somewhat looser standard when the vitriol is
directed at me, at my request and in the spirit of letting people say what they
want, but when it is directed at any other forum member it gets the boot.

We also do not allow cursing, political discussions, or other topics that are
not about D.

Moderation is under Mike's purview, and his judgements are final and he's got my
full support.