I approved DIP1036e

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 09:59:20 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 20:42:24 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> The forking system is the way to do this. It isn't very
> practical to try and maintain binaries of each PR.

It's not necessary to maintain binaries of each PR. We are
talking about potentially having pre-built compiler binaries for
DIP1036e or for any other proposed *controversial* language
features, which instigate a lot of debates. The point was made
about the existence of a certain fraction of users, who have no
skills or patience to build the patched compiler themselves.
These people feel left out. Well, in a way that's their fault and
nobody has any obligation to help them.