Is anyone running gtk4 is D?

Martyn martyn.developer at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:31:33 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 09:11:07 UTC, aberba wrote:
> I'm building a UI component library on top of gtk3 to aid and
> building good looking UI faster with few lines of code.
> Currently using Gtk-d (gtk3)
>
> I know there's a gtk4 branch somewhere but doesn't seem to have
> gained much improvement a while now. I would much rather prefer
> going with the newest version of gtk, v4, rather than the soon
> to be phased out, v3
>
> Is anyone able to use gtk4 in D?

Not heard anything about GTK4 for D.
Seems gtk-d is the best option at the moment with gtk3. gtk-d
does have a gtk4 branch, but that was last updated 3 years ago.

https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/tree/gtk4

Not sure why there has been no further work. The most recent
Issue about the asking the state on GTK4 is below, which was on
Aug 22nd 2022. Their reply implies the gtk4 branch does build
'and work'

https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/issues/350

Of course - we are in 2024 now. Not sure if it does work. I guess
it is worth a try and see.