The forked elephant in the room

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:07:58 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 10:58:07 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:
> As a bystander here I have never observed anything good example
> from the D core team, so not sure what you are talking about.
> All the disrespect, vitriol seems to come from so called
> contributors. If it was me, they would just be kicked out if
> the attacks were personal and disrespectful.

The D core team is always courteous on the forums, but the way
they handle contributions often displays a lack of respect for
contributors' time and work. I gave some examples in an earlier
post. [1]

It is easier to inspire others to be respectful when they can see
that you are willing to "walk the walk," and not just "talk the
talk."

All that said, I agree completely that personal attacks should
not be tolerated.

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/hmaiefygkvboruvheakv@forum.dlang.org