Should I invest time in D?

cc cc at nevernet.com
Thu Jan 18 20:44:22 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 01:18:00 UTC, tony wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 07:19:28 UTC, Lars Johansson
> wrote:
>> After years...
>
> What do you plan to write that can't be done in Python/Ruby?

Something fun perhaps?😎

Seriously, the reason I use D is precisely because it meets that
perfect peak intersection on the graph between powerful and
genuinely fun/enjoyable to work with.  When I'm not doing
commercial work in D, I have folder upon folder of little
snippets and experiments I've done just to explore new ideas or
try something entertaining or creative, because it's just that
easy, and appealing, to jump right in and do it in D.  Other
languages haven't inspired me to that degree, and I'm one that
rode the perl wagon for long after it should have turned around
and headed back to civilization.