The forked elephant in the room

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Fri Jan 19 01:31:17 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 20:51:48 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

> My intent is not to focus on Adam Ruppe's case specifically,
> but on the broader pattern that also includes former
> contributors like Sebastian Wilzbach, Jonathan Marler,
> ag0aep6g, Suleyman Sahmi (SSoulaimane), etc. When one
> relationship fails, that's unfortunate. When a long string of
> relationships fail in the same way, that's a sign of a deeper
> problem.

That's right, what the `community` needs is a constant influx of
talent, not a constant outflow. The departure of these people is
a `significant loss` for D!

This is a major failure in `community management`!
If there is continuous loss, then all D users will be victims.
Because D's users are victims, having a `better branch` is not a
bad thing, and even `more branches` can be established to reduce
harm.