Improve the OOP ABI

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:31:16 UTC 2024

On Monday, 22 January 2024 at 22:44:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/22/2024 1:11 PM, Bruce Carneal wrote:
>> Blake3 might be worth a look.  It's reportedly faster and
>> stronger than md5.
>>
>> https://github.com/BLAKE3-team/BLAKE3
>
> Thanks for the tip. I don't know how to evaluate a hash
> function for uniqueness.

Blake is > 128 bits, so I don't think there is anything really
interesting there anyways.

md5 isn't cryptographically secure, mostly because 128 bits isn't
cryptographically secure. But let's be real here, a collision
would 100% be purposeful, there are zero chances of one happening
by mistake.

I don't see what using a different hash function would buy us. I
doubt the hash of class name would be anywhere close to the
bottleneck in term of speed.