No Privacy Policy in D tools (dmd, dub, phobos, etc)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jan 24 22:53:02 UTC 2024

The site search is a google applet. Google surely tracks it.

The books page on the D wiki has affiliate links to books about D, with the DLF
as the beneficiary. Amazon surely tracks it.

Bugzilla is maintained independently by Brad Roberts.

The D forums have a login, and so must keep track of passwords and chosen names.
You can access it via any NNTP app, which does not have a login, if you prefer.
I recommend using a unique password for the D forums. The messages posted are
all public (which is kinda the point!).

 From time to time, a user will ask that all their postings be removed from the
forums. We've complied, but since it's an NNTP server with the addition of a
mailing list, we cannot do anything about copies that have been already transmitted.

The web site itself keeps track of aggregate usage statistics, such as which
pages are most clicked on.

Beyond that, I don't know of any information gathering. We simply don't care
about that aspect. I doubt any of it has any commercial value. Nobody has
offered to buy the data, and we've never sold any of it.

We deliberately make no attempt to associate user names with real names.

And that's all I can think of.