yet another string interp dip, simple edition

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:23:12 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 25 January 2024 at 16:37:07 UTC, novice2 wrote:
> IMHO, string interpolation should no be used for DB code.

Version proposed here indeed should not be used. Dip 1036e, as
far as I understood, can be used and does provide some security
benefits against sql injection, given sql library in question
uses interpolated strings. I think we should stop discussing this
proposal, since dip1036 is already accepted.

If you're curious how interpolated strings might help with sql
injection check recent debates about interpolated strings, there
are plenty of examples.