Zig's Andrew Kelley: "The compiler is too dam slow, that's why we have bugs..."

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:23:09 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 30 January 2024 at 18:33:45 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> [snip]
>
> tl;dr: DMD's fast compile times is a killer feature.  It's why
> I still use it in spite of its suboptimal codegen.

That's also why version-ing unittests is good. It lets you just
run the UTs that you need to run. Got a new feature? Put a unique
version just for that and run tests on those.

It gets trickier when you're dealing with features that go across
multiple modules and such, but nothing that's not do-able. You
can also combine them hierarchically if needed.