Varargs issue with LDC

Don Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:25:44 UTC 2024

As mentioned in previous posts, I've written a personal finance
manager in D (ported from the original C) that works well when
compiled with dmd.

When compiled with ldc, however, it segfaults when I try to
perform an operation that involves a call to a varargs function
in gtk3. The segfault occurs in the
bowels of gtk3, but a backtrace in gdb shows that the last thing
that happened in my code was the call to the varargs function
that I refer to above. At this point I am assuming, but do not
know, that the issue is related to the varargs nature of the
called gtk function.

This is disappointing. Has anyone experienced a similar issue
with ldc or knows of known varargs problems with ldc? I did check
the ldc github repository and did not find an open issue that
sounds similar to what I'm seeing.

This problem occurred on an up-to-date Arch Linux system with the
latest release of ldc installed.

/Don Allen