How to make D resolve C++ symbols by mangling symbols with the Itanium ABI on Windows

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 20:22:42 UTC 2024

On Monday, 26 February 2024 at 19:50:31 UTC, user1234 wrote:

> That's not a serious suggestion but I'm still curious to see
> how that would scale.

Terribly.
We have a full implementation of the Itanium ABI scheme and the
MSVC++ one in the frontend. If there is a case that requires a
different mangling than the default, that should be handled by
*providing a triple to the compiler*, not replicating the whole
mangling logic in user code. I've worked on some of that code and
getting it right is very time-consuming.