Google's take on memory safety

Monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:09:12 UTC 2024

On Friday, 8 March 2024 at 04:50:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/6/2024 9:16 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> Called it.
>
> I announced at the Berlin DConf that C was doomed because of
> memory unsafety!

C is still here, C will continue to be here until something else
drastically makes it worth while to redo the gaint stack of code
that is gnu and the linux kernal which dispite many many
delusional proclamations, errrr no I'm not swapping to a rust os
anytime in the near future.

*Why are you proud of a wrong prediction*, being remade by loud
corps who will also be wrong.

https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

Python and java, and js are not exactly safe languges, there no
way to inturpt the high ranking as being coherently designed
around safety.

Headlines and noise that poeple reshare to feel smart but do not
change thier behavior, are not reality.