Google's take on memory safety

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Mar 8 20:01:40 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 06:59:28PM +0000, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Rust is now the official systems programming language for Azure
> infrastructure teams, alongside managed languages. Use of C and C++ is
> constrained to existing code bases.
>
> Rust is also shipping on Windows kernel  already.

Like I said, the inevitable has begun. It's just a matter of time now.
The clock is already ticking for memory-unsafe languages. It may not be
as fast as some may think/want, but that day undoubtedly will come when
these languages will fade away in the rearview mirror.

Старый друг лучше новых двух.