Memory safe in D

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Mar 13 08:48:45 UTC 2024

On 13/03/2024 7:05 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> BTW, doing data flow analysis is very expensive in terms of compiler run
> time. The optimizer does it, but running the optimizer is optional for
> that reason.

I want to see D become temporally safe, and that means DFA for @safe code.

The question is not if, but when at this point, we have to solve it, and
in doing so define the literature otherwise we'll be left behind.

I'm certainly not ready for my type state analysis DIP to go into
development just yet, but ideas shouldn't be too far behind.