core.sys.windows.com.ComObject apparently has wrongly laid out Vtable

Carl Sturtivant sturtivant at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 05:56:28 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 20 March 2024 at 05:42:29 UTC, Carl Sturtivant
wrote:
> What are the Vtable differences that cause an extern(C++)
> ComObject to work when calling AddRef when the druntime
> ComObject with extern(Windows) does not?

I mean this of course in the context of the code in my original
post in this thread.
There casting a druntime ComObject to a pointer leads to a
non-working AddRef, but casting a extern(C++) ComObject to a
pointer leads to a working AddRef. I could speculate, but what
are the actual rules operating that lead to this?