Memory safe in D

Lance Bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Mar 27 18:24:13 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 27 March 2024 at 17:07:57 UTC, Meta wrote:

> I say this all as someone who would love to have a robust
> typestate system for D, but it just ain't gonna happen. D is
> just not the language for it. Your best bet is to either
> propose it for OpenD, or fork it and implement it yourself.

I'd say the best strategy would be to write up some examples
using real code showing large benefits. Then it might have a
chance. The current proposal not only assumes the reader is
familiar with the concepts, but that they can envision
substantial benefits in their own code. I had no more idea of the
benefits after reading the proposal than I did before.