Blazingly 🔥 fast 🚀 memory vulnerabilities, written in 100% safe Rust. 🦀

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Sat Mar 30 13:13:11 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 13:35:27 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
> Just for fun: https://github.com/Speykious/cve-rs
>
> "cve-rs allows you to introduce common memory vulnerabilities
> (such as buffer overflows and segfaults) into your Rust program
> in a memory safe manner."

Interesting to see that the language that acquired the public
perception of having a monopoly on safety, is not in fact
absolutely safe. Some say it cannot ever be[1]. I don't know
Rust, and I know @safe D is not perfect either, but I do wonder
how @safe D stacks up against these particular vulnerabilities.
It could make for an interesting article.

-- Bastiaan.

[1] https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39440808