[Dlang-internal] Regression control & breaking changes policies

Martin Nowak via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 9 21:06:28 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 04:39:52 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> The tangle of branches on this has reached a point where I
> suspect the best way forward is to simply abandon them, and I
> can submit a new PR that is the difference between master and
> what I have.

This didn't work optimally because it's a mixture of the old
approach to incrementally merging unfinished features (now spread
over stable/2.072 and master/2.073) and transitioning the major
part of the scope work to a feature branch.
We now have to live with some safety related changes already
being released, but there really isn't much confusing about the
branches, other than you using -transition=safe and Dicebot
changing everything to deprecations.
So let's just resolve that argument and fix whatever branch
differs from the outcome.