[Dlang-internal] Regression control & breaking changes policies

Dicebot via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 11 17:47:54 PST 2016

On 12/10/2016 09:40 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 01:54:18 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Otherwise you introduce dangerous disparity
>
> Please refrain from using exaggerating adjectives, they don't make your
> arguments better.

There is no exaggeration here. I have said what I believe and mean,
quite literally. For feature branch to work you need to be able to merge
it into master with no changes once ready. Any tiny step sidewards from
that condition compromises master branch quality in a same way as
merging PR with broken tests and trying to fixup it later.