[Dlang-internal] DIP1000 discussion and testing

Martin Nowak via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 17 19:56:25 PST 2016

On Sunday, 18 December 2016 at 02:43:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

Just a general remark, not specific to the content of this
conversation.

Being a bit more specific in answers easily makes them less
misunderstandable.

> On 12/17/2016 7:38 AM, Mathias Lang wrote:
>> For example, a stack allocator will return data that is
>> already typed as
>> `scope`, and as a consequence, interior pointers will not be
>> expressible. I'll
>> see if I can form an example in terms of code.
>
> It should work fine.

What does "it" refer to here, doesn't hurt much to write
"Internal pointers in scope structs" or so.
Equally "work fine" doesn't state how the "it" is supposed to
work.

>> And since I started toying around with aggregate methods,
>> here's another reason
>> why changing the STC of a field member is a very bad idea:
>
> It doesn't change the STC of field members. Only of locals.

What's it here? Your DIP or the dmd implementation?