[Dlang-internal] Removing ddmd. prefix from dmd module names

ketmar via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 9 23:57:51 PST 2016

On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 07:44:08 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> The dmd build has a problem - all the .d files have to be
> specified on the same command line. The trouble is the prefix
> ddmd. on all the imports, yet there is no ddmd directory. D is
> designed to have the path/file structure match the
> package/module structure.
>
>   https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6249
>
> illustrates the change. Another option is to move the files
> into a subdirectory named 'ddmd'.
>
> It's worth some wider discussion.

i think that moving to ddmd/ is better. it is good to have
compiler in it's own namespace (ddmd.). even in the current state
some compiler parts can be reused in other projects, and
polluting "root" namespace or forcing people to manually patch
the code each time doesn't look as a good solution for me.