[Dlang-internal] Removing ddmd. prefix from dmd module names

Sebastien Alaiwan via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 27 22:45:43 PST 2016

On Monday, 28 November 2016 at 04:15:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Having this new switch means that users can independently
> adjust the file structure as they see fit on their own time
> schedule.

I had asked for this feature in a post on this very forum, but at
this time I only faced incomprehension.

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kelnnikayrncidcwaczy@forum.dlang.org

> After many projects spent thinking of this issue, I came to the
> conclusion that being able to specify, on the
> command line, the module name of the module currently being
> compiled, thus allowing to override it to be inferred to
> the basename of the file, would solve this problem.

The current module system is too rigid, and requiring the
directory structure to match the module hierarchy is too much of
a constraint (and yes, I'm talking about separate compilation
here).

Finally! :-)