[Dlang-internal] Removing ddmd. prefix from dmd module names

Mathias Lang via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 28 06:01:18 PST 2016

On Monday, 28 November 2016 at 12:13:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/28/2016 1:43 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> Still it would be nice to get your preference/approval for
>> some of dmd
>> package models proposed here - it will come up again anyway.
>
> I know. But I am unsure what the right arrangement is. At least
> this switch converts the problem from a crisis to an annoyance.

If you want to keep using the DMD backend for DMC++, I guess you
plan to have:
- The header files available somewhere, in sync with the D files
- The D code compiled as a static library

Or am I missing something ?
If it's the case, then it won't make much of a difference what D
hierarchy the D modules have, will it ?