[Dlang-internal] DIP1000 discussion and testing

Dicebot via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 20 09:46:46 PDT 2016

On 10/20/2016 01:12 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> But IMHO we should ensure that we have sound specs (backed by tests)
> that solve the __right__ use-cases before discussing implementations. As
> part of the implementation we'll have to transform this into a more
> easily understandable spec anyhow, so we might as well do that in the
> beginning.

This is exactly what I am trying to do in this thread (which is
continuation of e-mail exchange with Walter on same topic). Coming up
with set of useful practical snippets based on proposed implementation
and using them to figure out subtle semantical details.

Once I understand what is supposed to work and what is not, I'll give my
try at complete rewrite of DIP1000 to make it more coherent with intentions.