[Dlang-internal] Making DIP25 the default

Dicebot via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 20 09:49:58 PDT 2016

On 10/19/2016 08:28 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Sunday, 16 October 2016 at 13:23:56 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> @Martin would be OK with adding this change to coming release? That
>> way we will have more time to fix any issues before DIP1000 comes into
>> play.
>
> It's a bit late for the current release, we're already 2 weeks into beta
> testing and 1 week behind our schedule.
> If you meant 2.073 I think that might be fine,

No, I was thinking about 2.072 because Walter will certainly want
DIP1000 work to come in 2.073 and that includes DIP25 - would be nice to
get it one release earlier.

If you feel it will compromise coming release too much, I'll make
required change instead in master as soon as 2.072 is finally released
and merged back.

> so I'm unsure about the bigger role of
> DIP25.

It is very simple - DIP1000 implementation assumes -dip25 is active and
enables it automatically.