[Dlang-internal] DIP1000 discussion and testing

Walter Bright via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 25 03:05:50 PDT 2016

On 10/25/2016 12:09 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Let's please talk about how this needs fixing beforehand, see my post below.
> It seems to me this requires 2 semantic passes through function statememts :o.

One way of fixing it besides doing multiple passes is noting its use inside dg,
and setting a flag saying it cannot be made scope, and so the scoped assignment
becomes an error.

General flow analysis generally requires an arbitrary number of passes to
converge on a solution (the global optimizer does this), but we can do it in one
pass with the conservative approach above, and just accept that it's conservative.