[Dlang-internal] -dip1000 discussion

Walter Bright via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 29 04:12:04 PST 2017

On 1/29/2017 3:20 AM, Olivier FAURE wrote:
> Alright, this was getting pretty off-topic for the Announce thread, so I'm
> continuing here. This is the continuation of the discussion started here:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/o6jdm0$30d9$1@digitalmars.com
>
> For reference, Marc Schütz's proposal is here:
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/User:Schuetzm/scope
>
> And dip1000's overview is here:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1000.md

This stuff has been around for a long time, so has -dip1000. There was recent
other thread on it in this n.g., see the thread entitled "DIP1000 discussion and
testing".

D desperately needs a way to guarantee safe code. I'm interested only in getting
a workable scheme implemented, not putting things off for another year of
nothing happening.

Nobody is being shut down for proposing or discussing alternatives. Anyone who
wants to, please feel free. That's what this n.g. is for.