[Dlang-internal] Parsing string mixin as normal code

RazvanN via Dlang-internal dlang-internal at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 4 07:48:00 PDT 2017

Hi all,

After going through the compiler code that does parsing, I
noticed that whenever a mixin is encountered, a CompileStatement
node is created and its contents are parsed later on when
semantic is performed. I am not sure for other cases, but at
least for simple string mixins you could parse the string right
away without instantiating a new parser. Is there a reason for
deferring the parsing to the semantic analysis phase?

Thank you,
RazvanN