[Dlang-internal] DMD with GC

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 06:54:48 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 at 21:14:07 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:
> I recently built a semantic server for Visual D from the dmd
> front end with the GC enabled, and it didn't crash AFAICT. I
> don't think I had to make any patch but the one to make it
> compile (https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7156), but you have
> to stop the GC before calling the backend and actually generate
> code.

I tried to compile the parser as a library with the GC disabled,
but running the example in dmd/src/examples/test_parser.d results
in a segmentation fault. Running with the GC disabled completes
successfully, so I guess there still are some corner cases, though
I am noob when it comes to GCed dmd. The patch you mentioned does
not
fix the case presented in [1].

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/dywncjvlezvrbjkfkbsz@forum.dlang.org