[Dlang-internal] Heads-up for pending auto-merge change

Sebastian Wilzbach seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Jan 16 04:25:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-16 05:14, Martin Nowak via Dlang-internal wrote:
> Just want to give you a small heads-up, after another accidental
> untested merge, I was finally annoyed enough to fix
> https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot/pull/69.
>
> So in the next few days the auto-merge semantics will change from
> auto-merge when github would allow to merge (possibly with failing or
> pending non-required CIs) to only auto-merge when everything is green.
>
> You can find triggered auto-merges with failing or pending CI statuses
> like so:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Aauto-merge+-status%3Asuccess+is%3Aopen
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Aauto-merge+-status%3Asuccess+is%3Aopen
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Aauto-merge+-status%3Asuccess+is%3Aopen
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Aauto-merge+-status%3Asuccess+is%3Aopen
> https://github.com/dlang/tools/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Aauto-merge+-status%3Asuccess+is%3Aopen
> https://github.com/dlang/installer/pulls?q=is%3Apr+label%3Aauto-merge+-status%3Asuccess+is%3Aopen
>
> This will put a bit more pressure on requiring reliable CIs, so bare
> with us when some things don't run smoothly in the beginning.
>
> We'll let you know when exactly the change will be deployed.

Ehm on all these repos  _all_ CIs were already set to enforced except
for Travis at dmd [1] as we have been silently working on increasing
their reliability.
In any case, except you plan to remove Travis for DMD entirely, please
don't merge #69.
It's current performance & reliability is catastrophic:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7617#issuecomment-357567938

[1] And AppVeyor for tools + installer and CircleCi for dlang.org
because we recently introduced these CIs