[Dlang-internal] The Phantom Zone

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jan 16 11:13:35 UTC 2018

On 1/15/2018 8:41 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> What I'd like to see as a first step is to draw a line in the sand, every new
> pull request as of 1/1/2018 should be handled to resolution, period.  Don't let
> them get stale.

We've tried that again and again. It presupposes that all PRs have a resolution.
They do not - I mentioned 4 common reasons why in the opening post.

There is another problem here. I just got back from POPL 2018 with a list of
ideas I want to get going on. I have made zero progress on any of them, because
I spend all the time reviewing other peoples' work, dealing with can you please
look at these bug reports, and one entire evening rebasing PRs due to the
torrent of refactorings.

You're asking me to redouble my efforts at looking at PRs. It's just not possible.