[Dlang-internal] The Phantom Zone

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 09:01:25 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 at 02:57:38 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:

> Much like the size of the bugzilla db, from a basic PR
> standpoint, I don't care all that much.  I care a whole lot
> more about the effect to the author of a PR who's work has not
> progressed.  The end results might be the same, but the
> motivation is very different.
>
> That said, I'm not an active developer and my opinion shouldn't
> be weighed all that heavily here.  Go ahead, try it.  I suspect
> you're not going to be satisfied with the results.

I agree with Brad: Dlangland desperately need to motivate active
developers, and grow them to core developers.

Again, I strongly suggest to concentrate the effort on that,
instead of loosing time in what Walter called "marketing".

But as Brad, I'm not an active developer, neither a contributor,
I've just followed the D communiti since a decade: but I've the
same suspect, you're not going to be satisfied with results.

/Paolo