[Dlang-internal] Potential changes to DDoc

David Gileadi gileadisNOSPM at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 23:56:56 UTC 2018

On 1/21/18 10:55 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2018-01-20 19:33, David Gileadi wrote:
>
>> First of all, the CSS styles in the default DDoc theme remove all
>> styling from headers, blockquotes, list items, pre and code sections,
>> etc. [2] The effect of this is that Markdown features like headers,
>> quotes, etc. don't display correctly under the default theme. I'd like
>> to modify the default DDoc theme to avoid de-styling these elements.
>
> I'm the author of the current Ddoc default theme. As far as I know it's
> common practice to reset the style for standard tags because the
> browsers might render it differently otherwise. If any tags are not
> render the way you like, just add the appropriate styling. But please,
> do not remove the resetting of the style for the standard tags.

There are different opinions on the amount of resets; some CSS resets
preserve some styles while normalizing others. However I don't have a
strong opinion either way so I'll stick with your recommendation and add
back the necessary styles. Once (if?) this makes it to a PR I'd
appreciate your input on the chosen styles, to help them to better fit
the theme.