[Dlang-internal] Potential changes to DDoc

John Gabriele jgabriele at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 22 17:37:57 UTC 2018

On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 05:03:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/20/2018 10:33 AM, David Gileadi wrote:
> {snip}
>
>> Appendix A: Planned Markdown support
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> I plan to support the following Markdown features, as
>> specified by CommonMark [4]:
>>
>> {snip}
>
>> - Nesting lists
>
>    1. cat
>    2. dog
>    3. box
>
> is fine for ordered lists, using * for unordered ones is plenty
> good enough.

For maximum ease of reading, nesting, and for consistency, I
suggest following the 4-space rule. That is, list item *content*
(not the markers) always starts at multiples of 4 columns in;
additional paragraphs of a list item are also indented 4 spaces;
code blocks indented 4 spaces. For example:
<https://gist.github.com/uvtc/379bca988270ba8b44a30efabbfa9d6b>.