[Dlang-internal] dmd semver experiment

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue May 15 18:58:56 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-13 21:27, Johan Engelen wrote:

> Hi Martin and others,
>    I meant to discuss the current release pace at DConf, but
> unfortunately I didn't, so writing here instead.
>
> I feel that the current release pace of DMD is (way) too frequent. I am
> referring to the pace of compiler and language changes, as opposed to
> releases with only bug fixes.
What about an LTS approach that was suggested in the general form [1].
Release as often as we do now and, in addition to that, support an LTS
release that will only get bug fixes? The LTS can be released once or
twice every year. LDC can choose to only track the LTS releases.

[1] https://forum.dlang.org/post/cgqcbhudipokyumimbua@forum.dlang.org

--
/Jacob Carlborg