[Dlang-internal] A Proof of Concept for the baremetal D runtime plans

mbalantz arbofo at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 26 01:24:21 UTC 2019

Hello, my name is Mark Balantzyan, an aspiring developer and Google
Summer of Code 2019 applicant. It took much varied realizations of
discernment between what is permissible in C and C++ but not in D during
my development of this proof of concept. I would hope to say I have
ported it, however I am not entirely sure as the output complains of
linker errors though producing an executable.

I attach a link to an archive containing the source with executable,
just sharing here in the newsgroup. It is a standard pong game with AI
that appears to need an Intel 80836 PE32 environment to run (16-bit/DOS
maybe?), and I was not able to test it on my machines. Just sharing it
here for ideas.

The original is at https://github.com/flightcrank/pong.git .

N.B. Further of my research showed to me that such exe's need managed
headers (mentioning dot net version preceded by BSJB, or something to
that order).

Regards,
Mark

Link to D-ported pong (pongd):