[Dlang-internal] M$ opens mimalloc

a11e99z black80 at bk.ru
Wed Jul 3 10:19:19 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 2 July 2019 at 09:28:31 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> On 2019-06-23 13:16:56 +0000, KnightMare said:
>
>> https://github.com/microsoft/mimalloc - 3.5 KLOC with
>> benchmarks
>
> Wouldn't such a specialized allocator help the D runtime to
> have a lower footprint and make it possible to optimize
> allocations patterns?

I share link coz I saw a few videos by Andrey and Walter where
they talks about memory allocations
and there is talk about decoupling from C-runtime
and "the core library is less than 3500 LOC, much smaller than
the core of other industrial strength allocators like
tcmalloc(~20k LOC) and jemalloc(~25k LOC)." from
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/uploads/prod/2019/06/mimalloc-tr-v1.pdf
so probably such implemetnation can be useful: less code = easy
support