[Dlang-internal] A Proof of Concept for the baremetal D runtime plans

mbalantz arbofo at hotmail.com
Sat May 4 01:15:01 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-03 5:30 p.m., Mike Franklin wrote:

> I donwloaded your code again, and the pongd.exe file contains a
> trojan:Win32/Fuery.!cl.  Not sure if that's a false positive, but it
> certainly wasn't encouraging.

Yes, I realize there's something funny going on every time I compile the
pongd.d file on my Windows box. I once took a look at the assembly of
one of the pongd.exe's I compiled and saw that control flow quickly
proceeded to a buffer overflow. That occurred during one of my builds,
wasn't sure if it was going to happen again or for anyone else. Sorry
for that trouble.

> I see the message from optlink.  This is a linker (created by Walter, I
> think) that is used to link 32-bit code on Windows. Try compiling with
> -w64 instead.  -w64 will create a 64-bit binary and will use either
> LLVM's linker or Visual Studio's linker depending on which one it finds
> first.
>
> Next, I see you are compiling pongd.d, but you're not compiling the code
> in the bindbc directory and I think that is the source of your linker
> errors.  You'll need to compile the bindbc directory to object code and
> link that in to you final executable.
>
> Mike

Going to work on it. Again, sorry for that possible virus. I have to
clean up my computer, not trying to spread viruses around.

Thank you,
Mark