[Dlang-internal] How about `and` and `or` like in Python?

mipri mipri at minimaltype.com
Tue Oct 1 05:15:47 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 1 October 2019 at 04:34:59 UTC, Murilo wrote:
> I believe that code should be as close to natural language as
> possible, that mindset is what lead Python to being so
> successful.

If your argument isn't that *Perl's* application of this mindset
contributed to Python overtaking Perl, then there are a lot Larry
Wall
speeches about language that you may enjoy :-)

What you're doing here is a "wouldn't you like to be popular, like
that language over there?" kind of appeal. It is, paradoxically,
an
extremely hard argument to succeed at making. The reason is that
100k
variations of it will have already been heard by anyone you feel
comfortable making it to, so the argument has to be of an
extremely
high standard to really be considered at all.