[Dlang-internal] XML support in libphobos

Carsten Schlote carsten.schlote at gmx.net
Wed Jul 15 15:39:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

there is a definite removal date for std.xml in the docs now:
> It will be removed from Phobos in 2.101.0.

Ok.

Will basic XML support be removed from libphobos entirely? Are we
forced to use external libraries?

We use simple XML code in some D shebang scripts at work. It is a
fine feature, that we never needed external dependancies, just
libphobos.

Removing the simple but working XML code from libphobos also
removes some advantages from using D for scripting, IMHO.

Having everything essential in libphobos and no external
dependancies was a great argument for using D vs. using other
popular languages and alternatives in the past.

Carsten