[Dlang-internal] How do I see what build.d is doing?

Sebastian Wilzbach seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Jun 29 18:48:15 UTC 2020

On 29/06/2020 20.30, Andrei Alexandrescu via Dlang-internal wrote:
> On 6/29/20 1:57 PM, Sebastian Wilzbach wrote:
>> Solution: stop using the legacy Makefile wrapper which was only left in
>> the source repository to ease the transition for dmd packagers and CI
>> systems.
>> tl;dr:
>>
>> ./src/build.d -v
>
> How would that work with AUTO_BOOSTRAP?

Auto bootstrapping just downloads a (somewhat arbitrary) dmd version to
make setup a little easier/predictable, but you should have a dmd
compiler installed on your system, if not:

. $(~/dlang/install.sh --activate dmd)
./src/build.d -v

If your question is about ensuring that DMD is built with the currently
selected version for bootstrapping, you can still do:

./src/build.d -v AUTO_BOOTSTRAP=1