[Dlang-internal] I need cent and ucent to be implemented soon

user1234 user1234 at 12.de
Wed Apr 28 09:21:54 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 18:00:09 UTC, Elmar wrote:

> 128-bit numbers are still extremely large as a count value,
> exceeding any common-day numbers, common numbers in electronics
> or software. You rarely need 128-bit numbers as single count
> values

Yes, if you need ucent/cent you more likely only need the type
but only a small subset of the operations allowed on integral
types. For example for a wide bitfield, only `&` `|` `^` `<<`

The subset required is hypothetically always small enough and
people just write their own struct, alias this and a few opover.