[Dlang-internal] druntime: proposed changes in code organization

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 05:35:26 UTC 2023

On Friday, 1 December 2023 at 05:29:31 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:

>> What is the underlying data type and how does it differ from a
>> version identifier. I don't understand what a tag is by
>> reading the PR.
>
> Proposed tags are similar to a D's versions, but I decided to
> separate its name because tags become not corresponding to a
> built-in D versions, at least.

Most importantly, new name need to avoid confusion. If we call
them "version", we will inevitably begin to confuse it with D
versions.

"Tags" (in various uses in the different software) are a similar
scheme. Therefore, I think the name fits well.