[Dlang-internal] druntime: proposed changes in code organization

Johan j at j.nl
Sat Dec 16 18:09:57 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 16 December 2023 at 13:04:27 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 December 2023 at 17:43:06 UTC, Johan wrote:
>>
>> This is not acceptable for LDC.
>
> It seems to me, for proposed druntime switching, syntax of
> /etc/ldc2.conf already contains all necessary things?

I remain my stance that this is unacceptable. You are forcing a
big change on a system that already works, without a real benefit.
Yes, it is possible to work around the problems introduced by you
by writing .conf entries for every platform, but that is extra
burden on package maintainers that they currently don't need to
do.

Simply use `version` in source files, and all is good (like now).
Separate files do not require completely separate source trees.
You can have a file with something like:
```
version (A) {
   public import foo_A;
} else version (B) {