[Dlang-internal] druntime: proposed changes in code organization

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 23:07:30 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 16 December 2023 at 18:59:50 UTC, Johan wrote:

> But it is not a good solution to make life good for you, and
> make it worse for the status quo.

I want to explain more here, so that it does not seem like an
inability to accept another point of view

My reasoning are as follows:

It is need to switch source files (partially) by some way. It's
possible, apparently, by 3 convient ways:

1. By adding public import into modules (as you proposed in
message above, and I answered why this will not work well)
2. By adding script witch switches SRCS and COPY lists (my
solution)
3. By patching compilers: adding some CLI switches that will
force all compilers(!) to switch modules directories or something
like. It seems to me, no one will like such approach

So, only one realistic solution is possible

And, after all, if proposed approach will not work, i.e., if time
shows that this is terrible to maintain all theese modules
sources in config/, then we can use a trivial script to return
everything to its ~original state. (Even better because the
script will not forget to add static assert "fuse" for
non-supported version(..))