[Dlang-study] Safe Memory Management and Ownership.

Chris M. chrismohrfeld at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 19:11:30 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 at 16:38:19 UTC, xray wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been through the discussions on the forum regarding
> scope, ownership, GC and so on.  After a serious thought about
> this, I'd like to discuss about a possible solution for this
> matter. My concern is to know if my solution could work and to
> discuss the possible impact on the current D language.
>
> [...]

If you haven't noticed already nobody visits these parts :). May
want to repost in General if you want more notice.

As for your idea, I do see merit in it especially if we want safe
MM (this is essentially how Rust handles it though it looks a
little more lax). I wonder how it could fit in with dip25 and
dip1000.