[dmd-beta] dmd 1.063 and 2.048 beta

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:40:56 PDT 2010

On 9 August 2010 15:25, Jason House <jason.james.house at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Fawzi Mohamed <fawzi at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
> On 9-ago-10, at 13:46, Don Clugston wrote:
>
> On 9 August 2010 13:23, Fawzi Mohamed <fawzi at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
> On tango, they fail on osx, since like forever, I had told you but probably
>
> I should have made a more formal thing about it.
>
> I sort of submitted a bug in http://dsource.org/projects/tango/ticket/1958
>
> OK, sounds like the unit tests may never have passed on OSX.
>
> BTW you can now assume that none of the Phobos devs will look at
>
> anything related to Tango. Compiler-related bug reports need to be
>
> added to Bugzilla.
>
> I have always tried to reduce compiler bugs to lib independent bugs, and
> submit them
>
> It may have been the link to the Tango site that inspired the comment? Given
> the recent hard stance on using a Tango-like API, I can't blame anyone that
> avoids looking at Tango.
> The Tango developers have actively isolated themselves. I can't imagine
> Walter or Sean going out of their way to support Tango again until there is
> an olive branch from the Tango maintainers.

I wasn't making a political comment, just stating a fact -- using the
Tango database was never a terribly good way of reporting compiler
bugs, now it's completely ineffective. It's annoying to have to look
in multiple places for bug reports, anyway. I suspect there are some
compiler and runtime bugs in the Tango database, it'd be great if
someone could check through them, and report any missing ones in
Bugzilla.