[dmd-beta] dmd 1.063 and 2.048 beta

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:18:53 PDT 2010

On Monday, August 09, 2010 15:55:40 Walter Bright wrote:
> I can't fix it for this release.

Then it sounds like the changes to filter() should be reverted for this release
and then restored before the next release with the compiler bug having been
fixed. Personally, I found it _highly_ disruptive to have most of the forward
ranges break with 2.047, and I sure don't want to have to tell my co-workers who
are trying out D that they have to use the svn version of Phobos (and in this
case, telling them to use the svn version wouldn't even fix the problem since
it's an as-yet unfixed compiler bug). I have no problem with improvements to
filter() or anything else in Phobos, but I think that we should avoid changes
that break things in releases.

- Jonathan M Davis